Hey guys, Express Chef Will is back. Since the summer is upon us and I am back to my lazy ways with the school year being over, I’ve been browsing the internet quite a bit. It was there that I saw a cookie bowl and my first thought was to make it. After an unsuccessful try the first time around, I perfected the cookie bowl. It’s a tasty treat four your ice cream, sorbet, pudding or really anything you want to put in a delicious cookie bowl. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl
3 cups flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks of butter
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
muffin tin (to be used upside down)
1. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and mix well.
2. Melt butter in microwave safe container. Add extract and eggs to butter, whisking until smooth.
3. Combine butter mixture with flour mixture; mix well until dough is stiff. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness; cut out 4 inch circles.
5. Spray cooking spray/canola oil on the upside-down muffin tin. Drape the cookie circles over the muffin cups and press down to form bowl shape.
6. Set oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before popping cookie bowls off the tin using the backside of a butter knife to loosen edges.
7. Fill with favorite dessert item and enjoy.
Now that we’ve gotten some dessert, next week we’ll got to the king of hoagies: the Philly Cheese Steak.